HARO AT HARROW SKATEPARK COMP


HARO AT HARROW SKATEPARK COMP

So one bright and sunny Saturday morning in the early 80s, Terry and Tony Pitman, Tim March @mrdallways and I went to the skatepark in Harrow to enter Bob Haro’s @bob_haro comp, during his first visit to the UK.

This was a top day, can’t remember were I placed (so probably not that high) but did meet some great people inc Bob Haro, Chris Young @bmxchrisyoung and Alice Temple @alicetemple who I spent the afternoon doing 360s out the end of the halfpipe with.

Next day Tim, Alice and I raced at Earls Court. Can’t remember were I placed (so probably not that high : )

The above img appeared in BMX WEEKLY a few weeks after the comp. I think this was the first time I’d ever found myself in print!!! As you can imagine this has a lot of nostalgia points.

@yomposaur - S A C G I D.

Comments